PERDURABO-THE LIFE OF ALEISTER CROWLEY

PERDURABO-THE LIFE OF ALEISTER CROWLEY
by Richard Kaczynski

Thursday, October 28, 2010

'THE MAN: THE MAGE: THE POET' PART ONE

'THE MAN:THE MAGE:THE POET' is the subtitle of CHARLES RICHARD CAMMELL'S biography of ALEISTER CROWLEY......a book I have recently re-read in pursuit of some of my interests and in response to others taking an interest in this sort of thing....so I will sort of discuss the book and give my personal observations/opinions about it all, subject to future revisions if such things are needed in some way.... I have formed over the years the habit whenever I read nonfiction or biographies,etc. of searching the indexes(if any) for certain names or topics that will indicate some things I wish to know at a glance, even if my surmises are wrong..................................................................................TWO NAMES THAT I TEND TO LOOK FOR ARE THOSE OF: GURDJIEFF & OUSPENSKY, and if lacking those, I go ot other names or topics however vaguely related or linked to such, as for example famous people who 'visited','studied' 'worked' or met them,etc....................................................................................In CHARLES RICHARD CAMMELL'S book on ALEISTER CROWLEY, I came across both their names(G'S & O'S)meantioned on page 28 where GURDJIEFF was,somewhat, linked to the name DORJIEFF,the 'Tibetan',considered 'mysterious' by some, a 'spy' by others, and occasionally a 'teacher' or 'master' of GURDJIEFF who has also been identified as one of DORJIEFF'S entourage during THE GREAT GAME' involving Russia and Britain as well as Indai,etc. ..................................................................................All such 'I.D.'S" are open to question and to further research but are unlikely to ever happen one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment